Sunday, August 12, 2007

Change Island Fishing Room

In 1867, a fisherman by the name of Joseph Elliot was sitting in St. James Church on Change Island pondering the New Testament story of the miraculous catch of fish and conceived the idea of the Newfoundland cod the story goes! That same cod trap was used with some modification by Newfoundland fishermen until the cod fishery closed in the mid-1990's.

No comments: