Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summer Food Fishery


Here's my boat in Arnold's Cove taken at the end of a great fishing trip. My brother,Mike, and his friend are oblivious to the image I'm creating.

NEWS FLASH:
A Summer Recreational fishery has been announced for August 2006 and is expected to last five weeks. "Those taking part in this so-called food fishery will be allowed to land five fish each, and 15 fish per boat under 45 feet in length. Recreational fishermen will no longer need licenses nor tags to catch cod under requirements already in place for other Atlantic provinces."

2 comments:

Diane said...

I came upon your blog, and hope you dont mind me leaving a comment? Your pictures are beautiful, and the ones taken at Cape Spear bring back memories of a trip to Newfoundland in April 2001, at the end of a winter of huge amounts of snow. We were in St. Johns for the National Firemans Curling Championship, my husband on the team representing Prince Edward Island. I was at Cape Spear on a freezing cold day, very windy, the sea was magnificent. I loved every minute of it. We visited other places too, but that is the one that stands out for me.

Genevieve Netz said...

The water in that photograph is beautiful.